Hi, I'm Martin 👋 I live in Germany and spend my time doing webdev and Cybersecurity work. I love both building and breaking stuff, the latter mostly while playing CTFs as part of team KITCTF or sauercloud. On rare occasions, I feel the urge to write on my blog.
Feel free to look at my work and let me know if you have any questions or ideas for new projects. In case you have some problem you really want me to look at, I'm available for hire through my company, codelayer.
In 2019, I co-founded codelayer where I currently work on customer projects and our own product: likvi, the all-in-one tool for freelancers.
Between 2017 and 2019, I was an intern at Unified Inbox where I helped to extend the Unification Engine by connecting messaging services and IoT platforms.
In 2015 and 2016, I worked for Next INT, a German web development agency, as a backend developer and ops person. During this time I mainly developed with the Laravel PHP framework and managed large parts of their hosting infrastructure.
Aside from this, I have worked as a freelancer and intern with multiple companies inside and outside of Germany.
My primary skill set revolves around web development, especially backend development in PHP and Node. I also have experience in Linux administration, shell scripting and working with modern CI / CD workflows.
I also have a good understanding of secure software development practices and web application security.
Since 2019, I've been playing and organizing capture the flag events as part of Team KITCTF. We hosted multiple successful events and participated in international competitions. In 2023, I was also acting as president of the team.
I had the opportunity to speak at various events. Here you can find some of these talks, in some cases even with slides :o
- "CVE-2023-49096: Exploiting Jellyfin" @ Real-world exploitation seminar. Slides
- "(Game) Hacking with Frida" @ KITCTF meetup. Details
- "Competitive hacking as team sport: An introduction to Capture the Flag" @ GPN 2023. Recording
- "Linux namespaces and these things called containers" @ KITCTF meetup. Slides
- "Intro to Smart Contract Exploitation" @ KITCTF meetup. Slides
- "Travel report: DEF CON CTF finals" @ OWASP Karlsruhe
- "Intro to web security" @ KITCTF meetup
If you want to get in touch feel free to send me an email or matrix message.